A man started to create wonders in ancient times. We can see many man-made world wonders that meet the spirit and artistic power. Here is the list of the seven most amazing Man made world wonders.
1. Bagan Temple and pagodas , Myanmar
Began temple is a historical site in Myanmar which have the same importance as that of Angkor Wat in Cambodia. The 26 square miles spread temple built in 1287. This ancient temple seems beautiful with many small and big statues of Buddha and beautiful carvings in walls. It is one of UNESCO’s world heritage listed site with more than 2000 pagodas.
Interesting Facts About Bagan Temple
- World’s largest concentration of ancient Buddhist temples.
- Impressive ancient paintings from pagodas.
- Massive structures of pagodas represent the Buddhist cosmos.
2. Easter Island Statues, Peru ( man made world wonders)
Easter Island is the world’s most isolated inhabited Island located in the north Pacific region of Chile. This treeless Island of Chile is one of the most important archaeological sites in the world. The ancients sculptures called moai are the important attraction within this Island. The extinct volcanoes also became a vital attraction of this site, but still, it is least visited by the tourists.
Interesting Facts About Easter Island Statues
- Moai statues carved by ancient people of Rapa Nui between the period of 1250 to 1500.
- Moai statues are carved using the stones from an extinct volcano of Easter Island.
3. Colosseum, Rome, Italy
Colosseum of Rome is the largest amphitheater in the world. It is built in 70AD using concrete and stones with a base of Roman architecture. There are 80 entrances and have a capacity of 50000 spectators within Colosseum of Rome. In ancient time this Colosseum used for hosting a game between people and animals.
Interesting Facts About Colosseum Of Rome
- It took more than nine years to complete the work of Colosseum.
- It estimates 100000 cubic meters of marbles used for the creation of Colosseum.
4. Christ The Redeemer, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Christ the Redeemer is one of the modern man-made wonders of the world, located in Corcovado hills in Rio De Janeiro. In fact, the Christ the Redeemer statue constructed in France as piece by piece and transported to Rio De Janeiro, completed in the year 1931. The 98 feet tall statue built using concrete of thousands of tons.
Interesting Facts About Christ The Redeemer
- It is the 5th largest statues of Jesus Christ in the world.
- The left arm of this statue points towards north Rio De Janeiro and right arm points towards south Rio De Janeiro.
- The stones used for the construction of this statue imported from Sweden.
5. Taj Mahal, India
India’s most iconic and symbolic monument ever, listed on world wonders list repeatedly. This marvelous monument constructed entirely using white marbles. Taj Mahal built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in the loving memory of his wife, Mumthas. It took 22 years for the completion of this beautiful monument, also listed in the world heritage site.
Interesting Facts About Taj Mahal
- Used combination of Indian, Islamic and Persian style of architecture for Taj Mahal.
- Taj Mahal appears in different colors at different time intervals of a day.
- All sides of Taj Mahal are perfectly identical.
6. Great Pyramid of Giza, Egypt
Pyramids are one of the greatest wonders that the man has ever conceived. Upon them, the great pyramid of Giza stands as ever time man-made wonder of the ancient world. It built during the period of 2589BC and 2504BC for Pharaohs Khufu. It is also the oldest and largest pyramid globally, with a record height of 146 meters.
Interesting Facts About Great Pyramid Of Giza
- Constructed using 2300000 stones that weigh up to 50 tons.
- Curvature within the faces of this pyramid also exactly matches with the radius of Earth.
7. Great Wall of China (Man Made world wonders)
The great wall of China is the world’s longest construction ever made by man. The 8851 km long wall of China was built 2000 years ago by king Quin Shi Huang. It is mainly constructed using stones, bricks, and woods. It is also the only man-made structure on Earth seen from Moon.
Interesting Facts About Great Wall Of China
- More than 1 million people have lost their lives during the construction of this wall, which became the longest cemetery.
- The Great Wall of China is not constructed in a continuous move but in different sections.
- The wall near Beijing is open for visitors and the most secure section of the wall.
Please visit if you are interested in buying properties in Dubai.